Sunday, June 01, 2008

Update from the United Nations








Thank you so much for your prayers for me over these last few weeks and especially over the last several days. This week, history was made in the spirit and in the natural and I am so excited to tell you about it.

As many of you know, on Thursday, May 15 we held the 4th Annual Jerusalem Prayer Banquet in the Delegates Dining Room of the United Nations in New York. It was an incredible undertaking, and as the event coordinator I was definitely stretched beyond anything I had previously done. You can imagine the level of security that is at the United Nations and the amount of details you have to cover when you are bringing in 500 guests (some from other nations), bringing in all the decorations, audio equipment, lights, and video and if that wasn’t enough we received a call from GOD TV who asked if they could bring in their equipment to record the banquet for broadcast. We had a staff of about 30 and a small army of volunteers mobilized to assist us. On top of all these “natural” realities there was intense spiritual opposition to the event with many of our team becoming sick, airline flights being cancelled and just a general onslaught on the mind.

Robert addresses the JPB 2008



BUT . . .I am excited to testify to you that GOD IS GOOD! The banquet was without a doubt the best we ever had. It was a history-making evening. Not only did an unprecedented number of extremely influential Jews participate with major Christian leaders and ministries from across the nations. Not only did we completely fill the banquet hall to its 500 seat capacity, but the sense of God’s presence and power in the room was palpable. The Holy Spirit really gave incredible wisdom and grace and all the many “moving parts” really came together very well. There were powerful speeches by Robert, Pastor Hagee, Rabbi Riskin and others, but the highlight was at the end of the night when we entered into a time of “harp & bowl” worship and prayer.






For the first time ever in one of our events, not only did Christian leaders pray out but two Orthodox Jewish rabbis prayed our from Nehemiah and Isaiah. As the worship and prayers were lifted up I saw a vision of a great host of angels arising around the United Nations as if being called to attention and I knew that a shift in the spiritual atmosphere over the United Nations had occurred.

After the evening was over one the Jewish co-chairs, a man of incredible wealth and influence came up to Robert and said, “It was an amazing night, but I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE DONE MORE OF THE MUSIC AND PRAYER THING!” This is a secular Jewish businessman saying that the highlight of the night was the worship. I couldn’t help but think that God had allowed us to stir spiritual hunger in many un-believers who were there.

Also, it was a great joy to have my Mom & Dad with me for the evening. Dad reminded me that about 20 years ago about 10 blocks from the UN our family had participated one of the first ever Jewish-Christian gatherings in NYC hosted at the Anti-Defamtion League. Amazing how God brings things back and around in our lives!

On Friday we had a powerful time at the Consulate of Israel hearing a up-to-date, off-the-record briefing from the Ambassador about the current situation the Middle East, the rise of Iran, and the threat of Islamic terror and nuclear war. It was very sobering, but also very encouraging as the room was filled with Christians and Jews who were clearly united in their support of Israel.

Friday evening we culminated the event with a city-wide “Jerusalem Prayer Rally” at Evangel Church and Pastor Robert Johansson in Queens. Though many of our team was feeling weary from the intensity of the schedule we know God had something special he wanted us to do. In the prayer room before the service the Holy Spirit spoke to my hear one phrase. . . “LIGHTNING ROD”. I knew that the Lord wanted this evening to be a lightning rod for His purposes releasing his power in a fresh way. I was asked to open in worship and from the very first note there was a sense of the Spirit of the Lord moving in the room. We had an extraordinary time of high-praise exalting the name of the Lord, then we welcomed pastors from Brazil, Germany and Singapore who had come for the banquet and were with us that night. The Brazilian pastors lead a church of 40,000 people and have a network of over 20,000 pastors in Brazil. Robert asked each of them to pray and there was such a passion for God and for God’s purposes for Israel in their voice. Though they prayed in their own language every heart was resonating with agreement.

Lou Engle and Robert both spoke about the new statement that Osama Bin Laden released that morning calling for global jihad on Israel and the Jewish people. We entered into a time of intense prayer over that and various NYC prayer leaders came to the mic and declared that NYC would stand with Israel.

At the end of the night and the end of the weekend our bodies were spent, but our heart were full of the amazing things the Lord did. I am certain that what happened these last 3 days will have far-reaching global impact that we may only see in the light of eternity.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. You make it possible for the trumpet of my life to sound a clear call in the places the Lord sends me. Truly together we are shaking nations and preparing the way of the Lord.



I want to invite you to be in prayer with me. I have to overseas trips that I believe are divine assignments. The first is Israel. I heard the Lord speak to me in devotions the other day and say “I am mantling you with new authority for Jerusalem.” I don’t know what all that means but I believe the trip to Israel, perhaps more than any other carries great significance for my life and ministry. Then I am flying with Robert directly from Israel to England. I have never been to England and when Robert was asked to address the Aglow UK I knew I needed to go. England is really headed toward becoming a Muslim state and it is increasingly dangerous to speak out against radical Islam, but I am confident that the Lord has something very specific for me in England during this time. Thank you for praying with me and standing with me for the resources for these trips. My Israel trip costs about $2999 and the England trip will be about $500.

I know that God has spoken to me and as I worshiped in the United Nations days ago and last night heard the nations blessing Israel I know that the King of Nations and the God of Israel is on the move and I count myself blessed to labor with you in his ever-unfolding glorious plan of redemption!

Blessings from the United Nations!

Stephen

1 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen,

We love you so much and thank you for sharing this information with us!

We will certainly be praying for you and believe that the Lord has amazing things in store for you and the entire EWM!

Anthony and Marcia Madero-DeGuerre

 

Post a Comment

<< Home